Mangoes are great to eat on their own, but also make delicious desserts. One of our favourite is the Mango Sago dessert or 芒果西米露 in Chinese. This recipe is perfect for hot summer days. It is easy to make, cold and refreshing, bursting with flavors of fresh mangoes and slippery sago. Definitely, a satisfying dessert for all Mango lovers.
Ingredients (2 bowl serving):
3 Pieces of ripe Mango
50g of Sago
150g of Evaporated Milk
100g Peeled Pomelo
2 Scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
- Boil water and pour Sago to cook for 5 minutes or until Sago are half translucent
- Turn off the heat and simmer for 10 minutes
- Sieve the Sago and rinse with cold water, drain and set aside for 10 minutes
- Add Evaporated Milk together with the Sago and refrigerate in the fridge
- Remove seed and skin of 2 Mango
- Blend the Mango for 5-10 seconds or until the puree is smooth
- Mix Sago and Mango puree into 2 bowls. Chill in fridge for at least 2-hours.