Have you read about our post on how to choose between Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Classic Olive Oil & Extra Light Olive Oil?
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the highest quality form of Olive Oil. Many people prefer to use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for their pasta dishes due to its purest yet distinctively rich flavour and aroma. One all-time favourite recipe that uses Extra Virgin Olive Oil is ‘’Spaghetti Aglio e Olio’’, which also translates to ‘’Spaghetti with Garlic and Oil’’.
Here’s a recipe for this classic Italian Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with our Heritage Farm Extra Virgin Olive Oil!
Suggested Ingredients for 2 servings
160g of spaghetti
2 – 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and diced or thinly sliced
2 -3 tablespoons of Heritage Farm Extra Virgin Olive Oil (adjust according to own preference)
150g of protein of your preference (Chicken, Prawn etc)
½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes (adjust according to own preference)
Sauteed mushrooms / cherry tomatoes (own preference)
Fresh parsley / rosemary, chopped (own preference)
Grated Parmesan cheese (own preference)
- Cook spaghetti in a pot of salted boiling water according to the packaging instructions. Drain the spaghetti.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Heritage Farm Extra Virgin Olive Oil and stir well to prevent the spaghetti from sticking together.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic & red pepper flakes (adjust according to own preference) and stir fry until fragrant
- Add in your selected protein and cook thoroughly
- Add in spaghetti. Toss well and simmer for 1 minute.
- Drizzle Heritage Farm Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the dish (optional)
- Garnish according to your choice (parsley/rosemary / grated parmesan cheese)
- Your Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is ready to be served!
To top it up with a more unique flavour and aroma, replace our Heritage Farm Extra Virgin Olive Oil with our Heritage Farm White Truffle Flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a luxurious treat for your taste buds! Buon appetito!