How we miss that weekend get-away to Bangkok and savour all that Thai delicacies! Tom Yum soup, Pad Thai, Green papaya salad, and of course, the famous Pineapple Fried Rice!
Thai pineapple fried rice is a one-pot meal that boast of many flavours. The tangy and slightly sweet pineapple stir-fried together with rice, seafood, and spices brings out an exquisite taste to this special dish.
Jazz up your home-cooked meals this weekend and try the recipe below:
Suggested Ingredients for 3 – 4 servings
- 2 cups of cooked Royal Golden Grain Premium Fragrant Rice
- 1 ripe pineapple (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoons of Happy Family Soy Sauce to taste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 cup of chopped baby carrots
- 4 ounces of peeled tiger prawns
- 1 cup of chopped of Happy Family Whole Mushrooms
- ½ cup of cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons of Happy Family Vegetable Oil
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- Cut pineapple into half. Hollow the pineapple shell to use as a serving bowl.
- Put 2 cups of Royal Golden Grain Premium Fragrant Rice and 2 cups of water in the rice inner pot. Then put the rice inner pot in the rice cooker to cook.
- In a large pan, pour in 2 tablespoons of Happy Family Vegetable Oil over medium heat.
- Add in chopped garlic, onion, baby carrots, and tiger prawn, stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked rice and season with curry powder, soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Add in pineapple, mushroom and cashew nuts. Stir until well combined for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour into pineapple shell and ready to serve.