Visuals are for illustration purposes only
For over 180 years, generations have trusted BRAND’S® Essence of Chicken for its natural goodness. Millions of consumers all over Asia fuel their day with a bottle of this no fats, no cholesterol, low sodium drink. Apart from that, BRAND’S® Essence of Chicken is also an alternative ingredient to make a delicious dish.
Elevating your 10 mins steamed egg tofu 🍲. Pair the perfectly silky custard-like consistency of the steamed egg with a nourishing twist of BRAND’S®. Super simple and easy! Try it now!
No of pax: 4
Preparation time:15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 2 eggs
- 100ml water
- ½ tsp salt
- A dash of pepper
- 8 fresh prawns, de-shell and devein
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp shao xing wine
- 2 packets of egg tofu
- 2 tbsp Brands Essence of Chicken
- ½ tsp garlic oil
- ½ tsp light soya sauce
- Spring onion (make into curly style)
How to prepare
Step 1: Prepare the prawn, tofu and egg mixture
- Marinate the prawns with ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp shao xing wine. Mix and set aside.
- Slice the chilled Egg tofu into even 1cm thickness. Assemble in the steaming plate:
- In a measuring cup with 100ml of water, add in eggs, salt and pepper. Give it a good mix.
- Pour the egg mixture through the strainer, into the steaming plate. Cover with clingwrap.
Step 2: Steam the dish
- Once the steamer is hot, place the egg in.
- Steam for 10 mins, remove the clingwrap. Egg must be firm before the prawns can be added in.
- Lay prawns on the steamed egg
- Cover the lid, continue to cook at low heat for another 2 mins until the prawns are cooked.
Step 3: Plating and serve
- Pour garlic oil, light soya sauce and 2 tbsp of BRAND’S Essence of Chicken on the dish.
- Garnish with spring onions