We usually cook Chinese Yam or Nagaimo in our hearty soup recipes. Want to try a different version of this healthy ingredient but with a crunchy and salty twist? Look no more! Try out Sautéed Yam and have them as your side dish or as a quick snack!
*Note: Handling Yam may cause mild itching. Some ways to mitigate this would be to wear gloves when handling them.
Serves – 2
– Soy Sauce 2 TBSP
– Olive oil 1 TBSP
– Butter 10-15G (optional)
1. Peel the Yam and slice them into 1.5cm blocks/thickness (Note: Thickness of cut affects the cooking time).
2. Using a frying pan, heat up the olive oil and add in the sliced yam. Make sure not to stack them up, instead lay them out on a single layer in the pan (Optional: You can change up the olive oil to butter or go with both of them).
3. Sauté them for 2 to 3 mins (medium heat), once they turn golden brown, flip them over.
4. Once both sides are brown, turn down the heat and add in the soy sauce. Pour the soy sauce in from the sides of the pan (If salted butter is used, try going in with less soy sauce). Once done, gently flip and toss them around so they are all well coated with soy sauce.
5. Garnish with spring onions (optional)
Voilà , you are done! Crunchy and flavorful sautéed yam!