They are great served raw, diced up in salads and pickled. Store UK Red Onions at room temperature and use as desired.
Try making your very own pickled red onions! They go really well as a side to a good steak, or tuck them into a steak burger or pulled-pork sandwich for that extra flavor!
- 1 Piece of UK Red Onion from Naylors
- ½ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Hot/Warm Water
- Slice red onion as thin as possible.
- Stuff all the red onions in a jar.
- In a measuring cup, place required apple cider vinegar, salt, sugar and hot/warm water.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Pour the mixture over the sliced onions, making sure they are all immersed. Let it sit for an hour.
- After an hour, cover the jar and store in fridge for up to 3 weeks.