Udon noodles are smooth, thick and chewy. They are versatile and can be prepared in various manners – Hot Udon Noodle Soup, Cold Udon Noodle, Stir-Fried Udon Noodle, etc.
Try out this fast and easy Japanese Stir-Fried Udon Noodle recipe with our Happy Family Fresh Japanese Udon!
Yaki Udon! A delicious plate of sweet and yummy hot noodles, ready in just 20 minutes!
Suggested Ingredients for 2 – 3 servings
2 packets of Happy Family Fresh Japanese Udon 200g
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 tablespoon of olive oil from Heritage Farm Classic Olive Oil 750ml
¼ of cabbage, chopped
½ of carrot, chopped
4 – 6 sliced mushrooms from Happy Family Whole Mushrooms
250g of protein of your preference (Prawn, Chicken, etc)
Yaki Udon Sauce
1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce from Happy Family Dark Soy Sauce 640ml
1 tablespoon of Oyster Sauce
2 teaspoon of Sweet Soy Sauce
2 tablespoon of Water
- Prepare the Yaki Udon sauce by mixing the seasonings together. Put aside.
- Cook the udon, cabbage and carrot in boiling water for 1 minute or until done to your liking.
- Drain them and set aside first.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add in your selected protein and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and stir fry.
- Add in udon, cabbage and carrot. Toss well and simmer for a minute.
- Add in the Yaki udon sauce, mix and toss them together until the udon are evenly coated in sauce
- Garnish according to your choice (Bonito flakes / Sesame seeds / Green onions / Red pickled ginger)
- Your Yaki Udon is ready to be served!
Visuals are for illustration purposes only