McCormick is the #1 Herbs and Spices Brand in the World* bringing you trusted great flavours for more than 130 years.
Our finest selection of herbs and spices are
- sourced sustainably and of the highest quality standards
- healthy and fuss free options to marinate and flavour up various Asian and International cuisines
Use a pinch to pack a flavourful punch to make every meal and moment better.
No. of Servings: 4 Pax
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 500g of Shrimp
- ¼ cup of All- Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Cornstarch
- ¼ tsp of Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp of Baking Soda
- ½ tsp of McCormick Himalayan Pink Salt
- ¼ tsp of McCormick Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp of McCormick Onion Powder
- ¼ cup of Iced Water
- ½ cup of Coconut Flake
- Plum Sauce or Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping
- Butterfly the shrimp and pat them dry.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, McCormick Himalayan Pink Salt, McCormick Garlic Powder, and McCormick Onion Powder. Stir in iced water to form a batter.
- Dip the shrimp in the batter and coat them up to but not including the tail shells. The small portion of shell/tail should be exposed to crisp up in the frying oil.
- Dredge the battered shrimp in coconut flakes. Lightly press the coconut into the shrimp until well-coated. Shake off any excess.
- In deep pot, heat oil to approximately 160 degree Celsius. Hold the shrimp by their tails and lower into the oil. Fry in small batches for about 2 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle with more Himalayan Pink Salt and serve immediately with plum sauce or sweet chili sauce.
*”Source Euromonitor International Limited, Cooking Ingredients and Meals 2022ed, McCormick & Co Inc, Herbs and Spices (excluding Table Salt, Sea Salt and Himalayan Pink Salt) retail value sales, World, 2021 data.”