Did you know that the humble bean sprouts are packed full of nutrients? It comes with a host of health benefits such as improving heart health, boosting immunity, helping weight loss, maintaining good eyesight, and even reducing anxiety and relieving stress!
Adding more beansprouts in your diet might just be what you need to give your health a boost!
Give this recipe a try. It is easy and fuss free to prepare. Best accompanied with rice or noodles!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- Bean Sprouts 300g
- Lime Juice (around 2 to 3 lime)
- Sesame Oil 1 tbsp
- Soy Sauce 1 tbsp
- Garlic (2 to 3 cloves / 1 tbsp of minced garlic)
- Fresh Chili Padi (add according to preference)
- Spring Onion (garnish)
- Coriander/Chinese Parsley (garnish)
- Fried Garlic/Shallot (garnish)
Note: Even if not using the peel/zest of the lime, please wash them properly as the bacteria on the peel can transfer itself during the cutting process.
- Wash the bean sprouts, then blanch them in boiling water till cooked (around 2 minutes)
- Drain the bean sprouts
- Prepare the sauce:
– Wash the lime and then proceed to squeeze out the lime juice
– Crush the garlic cloves and mince them
– Chop up the Chili Padi
– Add in Sesame Oil and Soy sauce
- Add the bean sprouts into the bowl with the sauce, stir them
- Garnish with spring onion/coriander/fried garlic/fried shallot (optional)
- It is now ready to serve! A heathly, affordable and quick to prepare side dish!