Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Sheng Siong Group Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is No. 6 Mandai Link, Singapore 728652. Our company registration number is 201023989Z, incorporated in the Republic of Singapore on 10 November 2010. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Singapore.
Terms and Conditions for Sheng Siong’s Contests and Lucky Draw
- The Sheng Siong Supermarket Mega Promotion Lucky Draw (“Lucky Draw”) is organised by Sheng Siong Supermarket Pte Ltd (“Sheng Siong”) in conjunction with its live television variety shows, “The Sheng Siong Show” on MediaCorp Channel 8 and/ or “Sheng Siong Live!” on MediaCorp Suria Channel (collectively, the “Shows”).
- By participating in this Lucky Draw, you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions and any additional terms, amendments or directives (“Terms”) which may be made or issued by Sheng Siong in its discretion from time to time. Sheng Siong may vary the Terms without notice or liability to any party. Non-compliance with or breach of any of the Terms may disqualify you at any stage from the Lucky Draw, and any prizes may be withheld, forfeited or reclaimed.
- Entry forms (“Entry Forms”) for the Lucky Draw must be received by Sheng Siong before the stipulated closing date prior to the date of the Shows to qualify for the Lucky Draw. Sheng Siong accepts no responsibility for Entry Forms not completed or received late due to any reason, including but not limited to technical malfunctions such as computer hardware, computer software, network and/ or server failure.
- You are entitled to one (1) Lucky Draw chance with every qualifying purchase made in a participating Sheng Siong outlet.
To be eligible for the Lucky Draw, you must:
- make a qualifying purchase at any participating Sheng Siong outlet;
- provide complete, legible, accurate and valid information as required in the Entry Form;
- attach the original point-of-sale receipt (“Receipt”) for your purchase to the Entry Form;
- deposit the Entry Form and Receipt in designated boxes located at participating Sheng Siong outlets;
- be at least 18 years old;
- be a Singapore citizen or permanent resident or have a Singapore residential address;
- not be an employee or immediate family member (“immediate family member” includes spouses, children, parents, and siblings) of an employee of Sheng Siong, its holding company and/ or its subsidiaries (the “Group”); and
- not be (i) an employee or immediate family member of an employee of any agency and/ or service provider engaged by Sheng Siong in connection with the Shows and/ or Lucky Draw (including but not limited to the Media Corporation of Singapore Pte. Ltd.); or (ii) any other person engaged or otherwise involved in the Shows and/ or the Lucky Draw or his immediate family member.
Your purchase may not qualify for the Lucky Draw if it contains:
- cigarette or tobacco-related products;
- alcoholic beverages such as wines and liquor;
- pharmaceutical products;
- infant formula;
- telephone SIM cards;
- products purchased with gift vouchers; and/ or
- such other items as Sheng Siong may designate as non-qualifying from time to time.
- You may submit multiple Entry Forms, and you may have multiple chances to win, but you will not be eligible to win more than one prize in the Lucky Draw. If the Lucky Draw is held more than once (for example, on a weekly basis), non-winning Entry Forms are not eligible for subsequent Lucky Draws that are held throughout the period.
- Sheng Siong will endeavour to hold the Lucky Draw on and at the advertised date, time and venue and in the manner advertised but reserves the right to conduct the Lucky Draw in such manner as it deems fit in its absolute discretion. Sheng Siong reserves the right to void, cancel, suspend or amend the Lucky Draw in its absolute discretion without any notice or liability to any party.
- Sheng Siong will announce/ notify the winners of the Lucky Draw. If you are a winner, Sheng Siong may notify you via ordinary post at the address provided in the Entry Form. Sheng Siong shall bear no responsibility for late delivery or non-delivery. It is your responsibility to notify Sheng Siong of any change in address. Sheng Siong is under no obligation to disclose the identity of the winners or to publish the same for any reason at any point of time.
- You must provide such evidence (for example, proof of eligibility or your personal identification details) as Sheng Siong may require, in order to claim your prize.
- Prizes which are not claimed within 60 days of Sheng Siong’s announcement of the winners will be forfeited. Sheng Siong reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed prize as it deems fit.
- Sheng Siong may forfeit the prize, or if already awarded, reclaim the prize at the expense of the winner without compensation if in Sheng Siong’s absolute determination the winner is not eligible or is disqualified.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or other items. Sheng Siong reserves the right to replace prizes with items of similar value as determined by Sheng Siong without prior notice. If prizes are subject to collection or use by a certain date, no requests for extensions or replacements will be entertained. The prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions, and by accepting the prize, you agree to comply with the same. If any cost or liability including tax is payable in connection with the prize, such cost or liability is the winner’s sole responsibility.
- The purposes for which personal data collected by Sheng Siong from you may be used and/ or shared with third parties include but are not limited to conducting and administering the Lucky Draw and communicating with you in relation to the Lucky Draw.
- By participating in the Lucky Draw, you also consent to our use of your personal data such as your email address and phone number in connection with our marketing and promotional activities. If you wish to opt out of being contacted for our latest products, promotional offers, lucky draws and other marketing information, you may unsubscribe from the mailing list via the unsubscribe facility in the communication, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By participating in the Lucky Draw, you also consent and agree without further compensation to you:
- to participate in such activities as may be organised by Sheng Siong in relation to the Lucky Draw; and
- to grant Sheng Siong the use of your name, image, voice and/ or likeness by Sheng Siong for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity and/ or other purposes, to the extent permitted by law, and that all intellectual property rights in any photograph or video or other recording of you taken or made in connection with the Lucky Draw belong solely and absolutely to Sheng Siong. If you do not agree to such use, you will be disqualified from participating in the Lucky Draw.
- Sheng Siong has commercially reasonable safeguards and measures to ensure that information and data remain secure, but no security measures are infallible and Sheng Siong does not warrant, represent, or undertake in any way that your personal data and/ or communications will always remain private and safe. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Sheng Siong shall have no liability directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any loss, theft, unauthorised access, collection use, disclosure, copy, modification, or other action relating to any personal data held by Sheng Siong.
- Sheng Siong’s decisions with respect to all aspects of the Lucky Draw are final and non-appealable, and no correspondence regarding any aspect of the Lucky Draw will be entertained.
- Sheng Siong makes no warranty or representation whatsoever as to the quality, merchantability or fitness of any of the prizes. Any claim regarding delivery of or defects in a prize should be directed to the relevant manufacturer or merchant. To the fullest extent permitted by law, all implied warranties are expressly excluded, including but not limited to warranties regarding the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any of the prizes. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Group, its agents and employees shall bear no liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death arising from or in connection with your participation in the Lucky Draw and/ or your receipt of any prize. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Group and its partners and sponsors against all loss (including indirect, incidental, economic and consequential loss), damage, demands, cost, expense, claim, penalty, interest and fees (including legal fees on a solicitor-client basis) or liability of any kind arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with your participation in the Lucky Draw, acceptance or use of any prize, and/ or any breach or purported breach of these Terms and/ or any applicable laws.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and any marketing or promotional materials relating to the Lucky Draw, these Terms shall prevail.
- These Terms shall be governed by Singapore law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore. A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce any of these Terms.