Understanding the meatball culture.
Nobody knows the origin of meatball but what we do know is that every culture has their own version of creating their very own meatball dish.
Let’s take some examples from different culture over the world!
China – Lion’s Head – The meatball is typically soft and large which is made with a mix of minced fatty pork and water chestnuts.
Indonesia – Bakso – Small meatballs that are made with either beef, chicken, pork, or fish, and majority of the time served in a light broth.
Vietnam – Bò Viên – The meat (beef, chicken, or pork) is chopped to a wet paste, and cooked into a springy meatball.
Japan – Tsukune – Meatball made from either ground beef, chicken, or pork is seasoned and thickened with starch, grilled in yakitori style and paired with sweet soy sauce.
Now let us take you to the ultimate comfort Tasty Bites Cheezy Chicken Meatball pasta recipe. Indulge in the Italian-American culture and enjoy a big hearty bowl of chicken cheese meatballs and pasta!
4 to 6 pcs Tasty Bites Chicken Cheese Meatballs
1 cup Spicy Tomato Sauce
1 handful Spaghetti
2 tbsp Onion (chopped)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 cup Capsicum (sliced and grilled)
1 tbsp Parmigiano Cheese (grated)
1 handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- Place a pot of water on to boil for spaghetti
- When it boils, add salt and spaghetti and cook for about 12-15 mins
- Heat up pan. Add in olive oil and sauté chopped onion
- Add in Tasty Bites Chicken Cheese Meatballs
- Mix in spicy tomato sauce
- Put cooked spaghetti on a serving plate
- Pour Tasty Bites Chicken Cheese Meatballs and sauce over pasta
- Garnish with grilled capsicum, parmigiano cheese and fresh basil leaves