For the Roasted Fig Puree Recipe:
For Ricotta Cheese with Fig on Bread Assembly:
- Crusty bread loaf or baguette , sliced thin or grilled (optional)
- Olive Oil for brushing the bread , if you are serving it grilled
- 5-6 ripe figs , Sliced
- 240ml of Ricotta Cheese (Cream Cheese or Goat Cheese could work too)
- Fresh thyme leaves
Roasted Fig Puree
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Prepare a baking dish or tray with aluminium foil (you are require to cover the ingredient before Roasting)
- Slice and remove the stem of the figs (2pieces or 100g) and slice into smaller pieces. Place the figs in a baking dish or tray and drizzle 1 tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar and Brown Sugar. Cover the baking dish or tray with foil and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the remaining Balsamic Vinegar. Smash the figs using the back of a spoon until it becomes puree form. After it cools down, place it in the fridge.
- Heat the grill and brush each sides of sliced bread with olive oil. Grill each side of the bread until crisp.
- You can either spread both roasted fig puree and ricotta cheese over each slice of bread or use the puree as a dipping sauce.
*Top each bread with fresh figs and fresh thyme leaves.