- Personal data
By using the Channels and/or providing your personal data, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Policy and you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data.
If you do not consent to the terms of this Policy, please do not access the Channels or provide your personal data.
Sheng Siong does not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from persons under the age of 18 (“Minors”). If you are a Minor, please do not use the Channels or send any personal data about yourself to us.
Personal data refers to data about a person who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information to which Sheng Siong has or is likely to have access.
The types of personal data we may collect from you include but are not limited to:
- contact details such as phone number and email address;
- date of birth;
- home address;
- delivery address;
- payment details;
- purchase and order history;
- login details and password;
- preferences; and
- other personally identifiable information which you provide in connection with your use of our services including in the process of creating an account, making payments, uploading, posting, displaying or otherwise transmitting any content on or through the Channels or via other means of communication such as email or telephone.
In accordance with the Advisory Guidelines issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission (“PDPC”) we will not collect your full NRIC number, only the last 3 digits and the final alphabet. If you have previously provided us with your full NRIC number, we will not retain such data after 1 September 2019 unless we are otherwise required to do so.
We also collect information that is sent automatically by your web browser, computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device. This data may include IP addresses, the address of the web page you were visiting when you accessed our Channels, and other browsing information. You may change the settings of your web browser or device. Please also refer to the section entitled “Cookies” below.
Users of the Channels, in particular the Apps, may be issued a unique identification number and QR Code, which may be used to facilitate participation in lucky draws and promotions which we may organise. Information about our lucky draws and promotions may also be sent to you via the Channels from time to time.
We do not sell or trade your personal data. The purposes for which personal data collected by Sheng Siong from you may be used and/or shared with third parties include but are not limited to:
- processing and maintaining your account with us;
- communicating with you in relation to membership benefits and entitlements and providing customer support;
- processing, recording, monitoring and fulfilling your orders;
- verifying and processing your personal details and payment;
- customising your shopping experience with us;
- informing you of promotions, offers, surveys, events, products and services which may be of interest to you;
- conducting and administering lucky draws and other promotional events;
- complying with the law, rules, regulations, court orders, directives from law enforcement agencies or statutory bodies including stock exchanges and securities or industry regulators (“Law”) or enforcing legal rights and remedies;
- improving our product and service offerings to you;
- conducting research and statistical analysis;
- backing up our systems to provide for disaster recovery;
- facilitating the use of third party applications, such as social media, in connection with lucky draws or contests;
- upgrading or diagnosing issues with the Channels;
- detecting or investigating prohibited, illegal, fraudulent or unauthorised activities;
- protecting the rights and safety of our customers, staff and the public; and
- any other purpose which we may notify to you.
If you wish to opt out of being contacted for our latest products, promotional offers, lucky draws and other marketing information, you may unsubscribe from the mailing list via the unsubscribe facility in the communication, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include in email subject “<PDPA>: …xxx…”
We will only share your personal data where you have consented to such disclosure, or where the disclosure is required or permitted by Law, or with parties who have a reasonable requirement for such access. Such parties may include Sheng Siong’s subsidiaries, associated companies, affiliates, agents, contractors and service providers, including but not limited to technology, marketing and logistics providers, credit card and payment processing companies, lawyers, auditors, professional advisers, investors and business partners.
We retain personal data for as long as the purpose for which the data was collected exists. Thereafter we will destroy or delete the information or remove the association between you and the data, unless otherwise required by law or accounting or business requirements.
We have commercially reasonable safeguards and measures to ensure that our information and data remain secure. Credit card information provided to us is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (“SSL”) and we utilise industry-standard protocols as safeguards. However, no security measures are infallible and Sheng Siong does not warrant, represent, or undertake in any way that your personal data and/or communications will always remain private and safe, and we hereby disclaim all liability directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any loss, theft, unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copy, modification, or other action relating to any personal data held by us unless such loss is directly caused by our gross negligence, wilful default or fraud. To minimise the risk of loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of your personal data, please choose and protect your login details and password appropriately. You will be responsible for any loss or theft of your login details, password or account information, and all activity on your account due to unauthorised use.
To optimise your experience, we may collect data via “cookies”, web beacons and other tracking technology. A cookie is a small file stored on your hard drive that enables us to recognise your browser and provide features personalised for you such as remembering items in your shopping cart, or enabling you to skip the process of re-entering your login details each time. If you do not wish to accept cookies from us, please change the settings on your web browser, computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to enjoy certain features of the Channels.
You may update your personal data at any time via your account settings on the Channels, or by contacting us at DPO@shengsiong.com.sg. Please include in email subject “<PDPA>: …xxx…”
You are responsible for providing accurate and updated information. If you would like your personal data or account deleted, please contact us at DPO@shengsiong.com.sg. Please include in email subject “<PDPA>: …xxx…”
Please give us a reasonable period to process your requests. Please note that some information may remain in our records, including as part of anonymised aggregated data.
If you have any questions regarding the handling of your personal data, please contact us at DPO@shengsiong.com.sg, with your name, contact number, and relevant details so that we can assist you efficiently. Please include in email subject “<PDPA>: …xxx…”
We reserve the right to revise this Policy from time to time. In the event of a corporate reorganisation, merger, amalgamation or other similar event, your information may be transferred in order to enable the continued provision of services to you.
This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Singapore law without giving any effect to principles of conflicts of laws, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.Last updated: 03.05.2019