Flour Vermicelli, also known as, Mee Suah, Longevity Noodles or even Birthday Noodles, is a popular dish served to Birthday Boy / Girl or during any auspicious occasions. As a symbol of longevity, people eat with the hope of a long and healthy life.
Here’s a recipe to prepare a luxurious birthday meal for your beloved family / friends even at home!
Suggested Ingredients for 1 serving
2 bundles from Happy Family Flour Vermicelli 250g
2-3 pieces of dried mushroom
1 chicken drumstick
A few quail eggs
A pinch of salt
- Cook the quail eggs in boiling water for about 3 minutes. Drain dry and peel away the shell.
- Cook the chicken drumstick in the soup using the brine from the canned Abalone (Abalone + Ginseng flavour), till tender
- Cook Flour Vermicelli in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes and drain dry. Place the Flour Vermicelli into serving bowl.
- Add in the Baby Abalones, Ginseng (from the canned Abalone) and quail eggs for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the soup and ingredients into the serving bowl
- Garnish according to your choice (Spring Onions / Coriander / Wolfberries)
Tip: Serve and eat immediately to prevent the noodles from soaking up the soup! 😊